4.28.2009

Weight Loss Update: A Good Morning

It was a very good (good!) morning earlier today as I stepped on our weighing scale: 170.4lbs!




This is the first time that I've reached the 170lb mark since I've started this weight loss goal of mine. A major contributing factor has been all the kilometers I've been marking on my tickerfactory.com since I started running late March.

I hope to keep this momentum until December since EG had extended our own Biggest Loser contest until the end of the year. The prize? Still the coveted Zoom Kobe IV lang naman. Among the 5 contestants, I'm required to lose the most pounds: 19lbs to be exact. Whew!

Ngayon pa naman na dumating na cholesterol/tryglycerides results ko from my annual physical, both of which are away from the normal readings, kelangan tuloy-tuloy na.

On running, I've already psyched myself to step up to the 10km level. I started a 10km test-run last week with LA and BE which was quite satisfactory on my terms since I didn't walk the entire time. Sobrang bagal lang on the last 4kms since I found it quite difficult to finish. This morning, before my weigh-in above, I ran 7.5kms para naman di ako mabigla when I try the whole 10km next week. Next race: the BOTAK 10k Paa-bilisan series at The Fort on May10.

Yup, running's really addicting especially if you have a goal to lose weight. Sarap ng pakiramdam when you step on the scale afterwards.

Btw, my Slimmerun official time is 31:02 which is an improvement from my Condura 33:50 time.

No comments: