So, sulit nga ba ang Red? :-)
Here are the new add-ins that you'll see to the right of this blog space:
1. Live Traffic Feed which gives me a clearer picture of where LHM visitors are coming from
2. The Bloglist has been updated to the new Blogger add-in wherein the latest post is listed and shows when it was last updated
3. News. You'll get updated news concerning the Philippines, NBA, EPL (English Premiere League), Dow Jones (stock market news), and Hollywood ---all of which are quite of interest to me. Do let me know if you have particular news keywords that you want added into the list.
Well that's about it at the moment. I'll search the 'net for more add-ins that would be appealing for me to put in this blog. Feel free to click around, especially on the Google Ads, hehehe. ;-)
We ended up at Mr.Rockefeller. We started off with the Boston Clam Chowder which was excellent. The missus ordered the Grandma Steak Recipe which was good but not as good as what we both agreed to as the best meal of the night: the Alaskan Sole Fillet.
Below are my other observations which I think Uno has to improve on:
1. They don't have wine glasses. The white wine I ordered was put in a glass.
2. Service was poor in the sense that I had to call the waiter two times to correct the bill (which would've forced them to get the balance payable from the waiter)
3. Cash-only basis.
I was driving home late Friday evening when I noticed that there was a small traffic accumulated in the EDSA Santolan LRT area. It's 12:30am, it shouldn't be traffic, I said. It could've been another vehicular mishap or a DPWH construction, but it wasn't.
The small snarl of traffic was caused by a big 10x10m(?) Nike poster.
You just have to admire the effect of Pacquiao-mania. Once again, almost everyone will be glued to the TV and movie screens to watch Manny in his biggest (money) fight against Oscar Dela Hoya. The missus and I already have reserved seats at Robinsons Galleria to watch Sunday morning.
Hold on to your seats, for the next Pacman fight is about to start! Yeah!!!
I email you regarding a 'football project' that i have.
It's a big international event and it is for homeless people. We entered a team of streetchildren from Tuloy sa Don Bosco street childrens village and Nayon ng Kabataan (DSWD). They will be our Team Philippines.
We remain short of funds and are looking for people who want to be a blessing in any of these streetchildren's lives. I strive daily and in every way to find 'Ninongs' (Godfathers) whoare willing to contribute Php 50,000 for a child. Thus far, we have been blessed by several friends.
And for those who can afford less but have opened their wallets, their donations of Php 1,000, php 5,000, php 10,000, php 20,000 have all been a tremendous boost to this project.
The potential of this international event to bring joy and dignity to the lives of our homeless youth is enormous, thus, I have made it my mission to give them the opportunity to become their personal best.
And so, with 8 days to go before the team's departure for the competition (the team leaves for Melbourne on Nov 27), I continue to seek funds. And I come to you, by email, to ask your assistance in however manner and to pass on this letter and spread the word. Thank you for helping me bring these kids the opportunity. Theyare so grateful to you for your support and so am I, appreciative of anything you can give.
Blessings always,Ed Formoso
PS: you can read more about the project by visiting the main website of the tournament at http://www.homelessworldcup.org/ or read our diaries which i write at http://www.pinoysoccer.com/.
Weird, but I've been hot-headed since Wednesday no thanks to some people I've worked with in the office. I've been feeling my blood boiling since Wednesday that I've just become easily irritated by people who are just sooooo irritating. I guess that's just the way office life goes: you'll meet all sorts of people. The missus says it could be just a temporary feeling since I'm not like this normally ---a big relief.
Oh well, I hope this all goes away by next week.
Myron's place is setup nicely, with orange as its major color. The best seats could probably be those overlooking the GB garden ---which was where we were.
But enough of that. Let's go straight to the food, shall we?
For starters, we ordered the pumpkin soup to worship the missus' tastebuds which seem to have become a connosieur of pumpkin soup.
Along with soup, we were served with bread which tasted a little chocolatey.
For the main course, I ordered the Grilled Herb Tuna Steak with Aglio Olio Fettucine. Accompanied with a glass of Chardonnay, the meal was, well, so-so.
The missus, once again, topped me in the main course. She ordered one of the house specials, the (hold your breath) Duet of Bacon Wrapped Petite US Certified Angus Medallions & Grilled Shrimp (whew!).
How did it taste? Let me just say that when the missus gave me a piece of the wrapped Angus, I whispered OMG! as the sauce and beef and the bacon mixed inside my mouth. A pleasurable experience indeed.
Try it out!
1. "Kung hindi mo mahal ang isang tao, wag ka nang magpakita ng motibo para mahalin ka nya.."
2. "Huwag mong bitawan ang bagay na hindi mo kayang makitang hawak ng iba."
3. "Huwag mong hawakan kung alam mong bibitawan mo lang."
4. "Huwag na huwag ka hahawak kapag alam mong may hawak ka na."
5. "Parang elevator lang yan eh, bakit mo pagsisiksikan ung sarili mo kung walang pwesto para sayo. Eh meron naman hagdan, ayaw mo lang pansinin."
6. "Kung maghihintay ka nang lalandi sayo, walang mangyayari sa buhay mo. Dapat lumandi ka din."
7. "Pag may mahal ka at ayaw sayo, hayaan mo. Malay mo sa mga susunod na araw ayaw mo na din sa kanya, naunahan ka lang."
8. "Hiwalayan na kung di ka na masaya. Walang gamot sa tanga kundi pagkukusa."
9. "Pag hindi ka mahal ng mahal mo wag ka magreklamo. Kasi may mga tao rin na di mo mahal pero mahal ka. Kaya quits lang."
10. "Kung dalawa ang mahal mo, piliin mo yung pangalawa. Kasi hindi ka naman magmamahal ng iba kung mahal mo talaga yung una."
11. "Hindi porke't madalas mong ka-chat, kausap sa telepono, kasama sa mga lakad o ka-text ng wantusawa eh may gusto sayo at magkakatuluyan kayo. Meron lang talagang mga taong sadyang friendly, sweet, flirt, malandi, pa-fall o paasa."
12. "Huwag magmadali sa lalaki o babae. Tatlo, lima, sampung taon, mag-iiba ang pamantayan mo at maiisip mong hindi pala tamang pumili ng kapareha dahil lang maganda o nakakalibog ito. Totoong mas mahalaga ang kalooban ng tao higit sa anuman. Sa paglipas ng panahon, maging ang mga crush ng bayan nagmumukha ding pandesal, maniwala ka.
13. "Minsan kahit ikaw ang nakaschedule, kailangan mo pa rin maghintay, kasi hindi ikaw ang priority."
14. "Mahirap pumapel sa buhay ng tao. Lalo na kung hindi ikaw yung bida sa script na pinili nya."
15. "Alam mo ba kung gaano kalayo ang pagitan ng dalawang tao pag nagtalikuran na sila? Kailangan mong libutin angbuong mundo para lang makaharap ulit ang taong tinalikuran mo."
16. "Mas mabuting mabigo sa paggawa ng isang bagay kesa magtagumpay sa paggawa ng wala.?
17. "Hindi lahat ng kaya mong intindihin ay katotohan, at hindi lahat ng hindi mo kayang intindihin ay kasinungalingan?
18. "Kung nagmahal ka ng taong di dapat at nasaktan ka, wag mong sisihin ang puso mo. Tumitibok lang yan para mag-supply ng dugo sa katawan mo. Ngayon, kung magaling ka sa anatomy at ang sisisihin mo naman ay ang hypothalamus mo na kumokontrol ng emotions mo, mali ka pa rin! Bakit? Utang na loob! Wag mong isisi sa body organs mo ang mga sama ng loob mo sa buhay! Tandaan mo: magiging masaya ka lang kung matututo kang tanggapin na hindi ang puso, utak, atay o bituka mo ang may kasalanan sa lahat ng nangyari sayo, kundi IKAW mismo!"
19. "Pakawalan mo yung mga bagay na nakakasakit sa iyo kahit na pinasasaya ka nito. Wag mong hintayin ang araw na sakit na lang ang nararamdaman mo at iniwan ka na ng kasiyahan mo."
20. "Gamitin ang puso para alagaan ang mga taong malalapit sa iyo. Gamitin ang utak para alagaan ang sarili mo."
21. "Ang pag-ibig parang imburnal...nakakatakot mahulog...at kapag nahulog ka, it's either by accident or talagang tanga ka."
One session of our team-building the other week was on verifying one's strengths and weaknesses from the eyes of your officemates. We had a piece of blank paper which went around with everyone putting in the strengths (I appreciate you because...) and weaknesses (You need to improve on...) of the name of the person who owned the paper.
Here's what's written on mine.
I APPRECIATE YOU BECAUSE...
...you know how to handle people...dependable, kind, conscientous...ok ka kase alam namin na boss ka namin pero di mo kailangang sabihin yun just [to] have that authority...a good friend...tumututok...quite a cool boss! you know how to separate work from personal things
...cool...supportive...cool boss, salamat!...of your integrity and good thoughts...you're a good leader, keep it up...dependable...super best boss...you know how to handle people with no pressure...mabait at equal lahat ng tingin sa subordinate nya...mabait at objective
...ok ang treatment sa mga tao under you...funny...no pressure on work, you handle us well
...very cool sir!...nice and friendly...astig na boss! galing makisama...happy person...cool
...alam mo na yun...funny guy! makulit din pala, haha...mabuting ama...super manager...nice person...astig na boss (cguro)...humor...matinding boss & funny...best boss, treats equally.
YOU NEED TO IMPROVE ON...
...bawas pang-aasar at paggaya sa ibang tao, hehe...ice breaker (team-building parlor game)...weight loss...just keep it up...free throw...work management...may pagkamaharot...mapanglait, hehe...bilis kumalat balita...malakas ang pang-aalaska...mr.popo...impatient...be more strict!2x...being strict...none!