6.28.2005

While I Was Sleeping (#2)


I was having chest pains so I decided to go to the doctor for a checkup. I walked to the hospital receptionist and asked for the available heart doctor. The only heart doctor right now is an American, she said. Since I didn't care what nationality the doctor was, I told her that I wanted to see him.

I told the doctor that I played futsal last Sunday and then badminton last night. Then he blurted, "Ahhh kaya sumasakit ang dibdib mo kase napagod ka masyado." I didn't believe him for 2 things: he's American but he spoke fluent Tagalog and secondly, the exercise was not THAT overdone to cause me heart problems.

The nurse then got a stetoscope and listened to my heart. I knew that she was a 'newbie' when she turned away from me and was counting my heartbeat with her fingers. She had to ask the other nurse if the heartrate she got was correct.

This prompted me to seek a second opinion. The missus and I ended up in another hospital in KL. It was dirty and was full of students. Wait. This isn't KL. It looks like U-Belt in Manila!

We were told to wait for the doctor but after some time it was taking too long. I later found out that the doctor was in the next room, a pantry, having her way at the buffet table.

So we left and as we were walking back to the house, we were being followed by this tall, lanky hobo in a red-shirt. He was walking too close for comfort when I decided to stop and, without a word, grabbed the back of his head and tried to slam it on the trunk of a parked car. He seemed ready for it by countering my downward force. So I faked the slam and when he stopped countering, I slammed him. BANG! He was out.

Next scene: we were sleeping in a 2-storey apartment that resembled the place that I lived in when I was young. I woke up to a noise at the ground floor so I went down.

The kitchen was at the end of the stairs to the right. I could hear faint movements in the kitchen. As I turned right, I was met with the hobo with his scary eyes and a kitchen knife raised about to stab me.




Next thing I knew, I woke up with a shout.


P.S. The earlier night it was the missus who had a similar dream but it was in our current house. There was a lady-thief who managed to get in from the open kitchen door. I guess she had more success since she had a kitchen-knife duel with the robber.

No comments: