6.26.2005

Weekend #25

FRIDAY

It was my turn to cook dinner: spaghetti. Not that hard really. Boil the noodles, saute the garlic and beef and pour the sauce (Pregio instant, so no need to make tantya-tantya, hehe). Add the grated-cheese and voila, spaghetti (or in Tagalog, issspagetti)!

Well the missus liked it but I didn't finish mine. I think it's something to do with when you're the one cooking you lose your appetite since you see the development of the meal from start to finish. Plus the occasional taste-testing that somehow retards the excitement of dinner since you know how it tastes already. Well there's always one exception: pork adobo.

The missus and I always talk before we doze off ---a healthy-habit I inherited from my parents. Well the word for the night (actually for the past few weeks) is We-nes-day. Yup she pronounces it that way. We-nes-day. But only in a Tagalog sentence, take note. She stresses that if the word is said by itself or inserted in an English-sentence, she says it correctly ---Wens-day. She insists that saying "We-nes-day" in a Tagalog sentence is fitting. I guess she found Miyerkules too hard to pronounce.

Well, she countered me with a word I mispronounce myself: cowwwntry (country).


SATURDAY

Had to work half-day (work-weeks here in Malaysia include alternating-Saturdays). Nothing much happening in the office since half of the people are on day-off. The day was slow that my boss walked to my place and had the usual chit-chat. He's good, actually. Hmmm I think I'll post one of his "work-ethic" slides to my blog one of these days.

For lunch I decided to try "pan mee." Hand-made noodles, low-level spices with oil, and served dry. It's similar to hokkien mee but not as "scary" as the missus pointed out.

We met Mon, an old colleague from a previous company, for dinner and movie night-out. He's been here for almost a month, alone in KL. Married and with 3 kids, I guess you get the point when he replied to my "kumusta?" with, "Heto nahohomesick na." Good thing he's going home this Wed-nes-day.

Earlier in the day I already planned to have our dinner at Chicken Buffet at Times Square Mall. Well I made a boo-boo when I noticed why Mon wasn't eating the chicken. It turns out he's been eating KFC every chance he gets. Oh well, good thing there was coleslaw and potato chips. Hehe.

We watched Batman Begins and oh man oh man! DOLBY SOUND-SURROUND! I think I lost count whispering to Mon and the missus "P*tek, ang ganda ng sound-system dito!" throughout the movie. I felt every CRASH! and BANG! in the movie through the vibrations in my legs and chest. D*mn you Dolby! Hehe. It has been A-G-E-S since I last watched a movie in dolby-sound surround. After 2 1/2 years in Malaysia why oh why only NOW I found this out, especially that the Stars Wars Series and LOTR-trilogy has ended. Arrrrgggghhhh! We'll definitely watch sci-fi movies at that cinema next time. A sign I saw on the mall elevator will make me come back: "LEVEL 10 - The biggest movie screen in South-East Asia." Hohohoho!!!

I forgot to mention that during the movie, Allan, an ex-Globe, texted me that he was in KL-airport for a brief stopover prior to his flight to Buenos Aires. He hopes he'll be lucky to land a contract working here. With the airport as his sole basis for Malaysia, he liked it here immediately. Hmmm. Maybe because of the free wifi? Hehe.

SUNDAY

We usually go to Mass at 6pm but had to reschedule for 11:15am due to my futsal (indoor-football) kick-around at 4:30pm. The missus was generous enough for this change, and I love her for it.

After the Mass we had the usual Bah-Kut-Teh lunch (or BKT, as my officemate Anand calls it) at Klang. BKT is like pork that is a cross between nilaga and paksiw. The sabaw (soup) is heavenly! I cannot really describe the taste but if you want to try it, there's a BKT resto along UN Avenue towards MalacaƱang and another resto in Eastwood. I hope it tastes the same as here in Klang.

Futsal at 4:30pm. It was more running than last week, but I managed to pull through: 3 goals (or "a hat-trick" as they say in football-lingo). D*mn I'm good! The level of futsal of these guys is slightly lower than the guys I used to play against when David was here, so goal-scoring is not that difficult. Except for the irritating young Chinese-fella that kept on loosing the ball for our team, I had a good workout.

We're in Starbucks now after buying the weekly groceries. Taking advantage of the free-wifi over coffee, the missus is watching Philippine-showbiz updates over the internet. I forgot to bring home my earphones, so I'm wearing headphones (earmuffs) now. The missus teased that I look like a fly. Well I feel more of a DJ. Hehehe. But, based from the weird look the passersby are giving me, I think I'll remember to bring my earphones next time.

Btw, Mommy-Q is arriving this We-nes-day.

No comments: