7.15.2005

mp3s and KitKat


I've been playing my mp3s all day today while at work, munching on a mini-KitKat. The mp3s are under one folder called ERE. It's an acronym for Essential Reality Experiment, my "would've-been" project-band. We compiled our mp3 wish-list and I was able to collect all the mp3s to this folder.

I conceptualized ERE last year together with two college-buddies from Rattleheads, a heavy-metal band where I play bass guitar on occassion. Sad to say, all ERE got to show for was one cover song ("Cumbersome" by 7Mary3) when we jammed April last year on an underground studio in Makati. Naaah we weren't able to dub it.

Needless to say, I really wished we were able to play more. Listening to songs by REM, Dishwalla, Fuel, Default, Matchbox20, and Audioslave just gives me that aching feeling to setup my bass and just jam away.

Well I'm coming home for a week next month (not saying when...hehe) and it may be a good time to resurrect it. Jam 3 or 4 songs and dub them to mp3s so that as I sit again on my office-cube and pump in the winamp to my ears, I'll have that jolly feeling of having jammed some of the best alternative songs around.