3.18.2006

It's a....


Well it was "showtime" for our baby this morning. Time to find out what exactly he/she is. The missus was constantly talking to the baby on the way to the hospital, "Baby gising na."

When the baby appeared in the ultrasound screen it was initially trying to cover its genitals again. "Oh no don't tell me we'll wait for another month?" I told myself.

"Do you want to know the sex of your baby?" the ob-gyn asked.

"Yes," the missus replied.

"I was hoping you'd say 'No.' Now I must patiently look thru this screen."

Before I continue, let me give you a breakdown on how everyone voted:

My family: 4 boy, 1 girl
The missus' family: 2 boy, 4 girl

6-5 in favor of a boy. It was pretty close.

Well after a few minutes of finding the baby's head, then legs, the ultrasound-pointer had finally found the area between the legs.

Fortunately, this time, our baby didn't disappoint. The baby proudly showed his balls and pototoy.

Yup, it's a BOY!

I feel that getting a son is a big bonus. I was already excited when we found out the missus was pregnant late last year. That was enough for me. Boy or girl, I will take it any which way.

But having a son? I'm definitely pleased.

"Ang galing galing nyan eh!" the missus said to me as we left the ob-gyn's clinic.

Well, all the credit goes to my "soldiers." They made a gallant offensive better than the Allied Forces on D-Day to deliver the valued Y-chromosome against the theories of Chinese-calendars or Science-watchamacalit. It was all guts n' glory for my troops. They have delivered.

So, Lucas Elijah, we'll be seeing you soon.

2 comments:

breesmom said...

Pano yan, walang kakampi si Bree.

mommy-p said...

Wow... Congrats... Tapos na ang waiting to know the gender. Now for the ultimate wait... Lucas' birthday!