9.20.2007

6mos after


It's been 6 months since I started my rice-reduction diet. My last update on this subject (June15 - "Break Even") had my weight pegged at 170lbs since I've strayed away on my plan.

3 months since June 15, I'm happy to inform you that I've lost 4lbs, bringing down my weight to 166lbs. So I've lost 10lbs since April. Yeah it's a little bit slow. Blame it on the Krispy Kreme and the Dunkin Donuts. But the good part is that lately my office pants seems to be a little loose, and the other week one of my staff greeted me with "Sir parang pumayat kayo." (naks!)

My "diet regimen" consists of the following:
  1. 20mins threadmill + 15-20mins weight training + 30 situps --> twice a week
  2. basketball during the office-sportsfest --> 5mins lang kase coach eh, hehe
  3. iwas merienda
  4. rice-reduction pag bfast/lunch (or pag naalala lang)
  5. consciously (read as: trying) to reduce the rice intake during dinner at home (except pag masarap ang ulam)
  6. pag naalala, punta sa office water-dispenser for half-mug of water
So it's not really a full-blown diet plan. Masarap kase kumaen eh so I'm just taking my time before I get there. "There" meaning my target weight of 152 lbs which is the top-end limit for normal BMI for my height.

My next short term goal: to drop down to 160lbs.

No comments: