Here's a brief list of Win Apps that I've downloaded and used whether at home or at work. I hope you find these apps very useful as how I've found them to be for me.
1. utorrent. A compact-sized torrent-client that packs a big punch. What I like about it is its simplicity, with special options to auto-shutdown your PC/laptop if the downloads are complete, saving you time (and electricity).
2. KeepPass Password Safe. A nifty app for storing all your passwords/PINs and other delicate information.
3. LviewPro. I'm talking about the 1.D/32 older version since it uses only small memory space. This app is excellent for capturing screens for JPG/GIF use.
4. Super MP3 Editor. The ChicoDel MP3s that I download from the chicodel website is rather long. So, to go straight to the top10 laughs, I use this app to cut/delete unwanted portions of the mp3 for easier listening. This is also a handy tool for creating your own mp3 ringtones.
5. Google Chrome. I bet IE will be reformatted to imitate Chrome, similar to what it did with Firefox previously. Chrome is a good browser although some pages (like Blogger's layout page) load incompletely.
6. Allway Sync. If you have those portable hard-drives, this app is a good tool to use when you want to backup important office/home files just in case your PC breaks down.