5.15.2024

LTO Transfer of Ownership

 I wanted to have this done but for over a year it got parked due to work and other commitments. At any rate, I was able to finish this task yesterday and wanted to share with you how I got this done. Either way, you may also refer to this link from LTO explaining the step by steps.

Day 1 (Friday)

Went to the PNP HPG office at Camp Caringal, QC to get the clearance. I was told by one guy there who does the sketching that my CR was registered at LTO Batangas so it needed to be confirmed first, either by LTO Main at East Ave, QC (they will just send an email to LTO Batangas) or go directly to LTO Batangas.

I couldn't believe this so I went to another PNP HPG office at Mirasol St., QC. The policeman there told the same thing, unfortunately, so had to drove to LTO East Ave to get the confirmation. They got all my photocopied documents (Deed Of Sale, Secretary's Signature, OR/CR copy, etc.) and told me it'll take 3-5 business days to process. 

Day 6 (Wednesday)

Received an email from LTO East Ave requesting LTO Batangas for confirmation. 

Day 10 (Sunday)

I sent a follow-up email on that evening to both LTO offices via that thread. 

Day 11 (Monday)

LTO Batangas replied on that morning saying this is being processed. By that afternoon, they sent out the confirmation with the PDF required.

Day 12 (Tuesday) 

Went to the PNP HPG office in Mirasol St. QC in the morning to have my clearance processed. This took about 2-3hrs to complete which included going to Landbank to pay the required fee, photocopying documents, submitting to that office, sketching of engine and body frame, waiting for my name to be called for releasing of clearance, etc.). 

Around 3pm, went to LTO East Ave. Guard asked what was my intended business and he told me I had to have my insurance and smoke emission done first. Had it processed and then went back to LTO. The receptionist there said I had to go to the next building for motor-vehicle inspection. This took about an hour from payment to inspection to release of documents.

Went back to the LTO East Ave main building where the receptionist took my docs and told me to wait at the cashier. Waited for about 30-45mins before I paid and the CR was subsequently released. 😊


It was still a bothersome task to do all of the above. I wished LTO and PNP-HPG could just be hooked online for faster turn around time but it's definitely better than shelling out 5k or 9k pesos to have someone process it on my behalf which is still some work on your part as they'll ask you to file the PNP HPG clearance and motor vehicle inspection ---which is almost half the work.

🤷‍♂️

No comments: