5.27.2005

Simon says...Carrie!

I can't deny that I've been keeping myself updated with American Idol this year. This was due to the rockers that have managed to enter the competition (Bo and Constantine). They have livened up the stage in their own unique way. It was like a posh tea-party being invaded by a horde of rock-fans kicking and screaming (but in-tune, mind you). "Let's see how America deals with this!" I laughed.



Not surprisingly, Bo was in the final thanks to the legions of rockers and band-lovers in the US. I can picture those crazed Metallica and Aerosmith fans jumping for their phones to vote for Bo, their fellow rocker.

But, as I told the missus, if I were to base my vote on the final performance, Bo didn't make the cut on my book. Add to that Simon Cowell's convincing comments that he wasn't his usual self (no kiddo, he wasn't using reverse psychology. Brutal honesty is more like it). Although he's my favorite, it was a low-night for Bo. Stage-fright on the enormous Kodak Theater, perhaps? Or was it food-poisoning as the missus read on one AI-forum?

So I guess you knew who won this year. I believe that Simon's comments hold water. No matter how loud the booing is during the show, I still feel that his comments really influence the voting public THAT THINKS. Yeah yeah there are those people that no matter what the performance, their loyalties prevail (yes, this is true even in politics). But note that there are also the "thinking-voters." The people that really listens to the performance and not to the volume of the clapping and the shouting. Simon just has the knack of expressing these voters' thoughts in his usual English-humor way ---sadly to Bo's direction. Frankly, the vote may have been decided by the "swing-votes" influenced by Simon (assuming that the 2% difference between Bo and Carrie from the last episode was true).

Honestly? Even though he's my favorite, I didn't want Bo to win anyway. Pardon my Randy-Jackson imitation, but, he's a rocker, douuug. He doesn't need all that fame. It will just corrupt him. I just hope that a decent record-label signs him up in the future and let him play good music ---rock music, that is. Who knows, maybe in a few months' time he'll be releasing his new album....with his new band in tow.

Well, Malaysian Idol is coming up this Friday. Naaah I just watch the auditions. William Hung is like Frank Sinatra compared to these guys. This is gonna be hilarious!

No comments: