7.12.2005

Alien Planet

I was channel-surfing some nights back and came across a program on Discovery Channel entitled "Alien Planet."

It's a fictional story on what would happen when Earth sends two probes (named Ike and Newton) to a planet called Darwin IV to explore the possibility of life there. What made it interesting was that the plot revolved on Ike's quest to find Newton that somehow got lost in its own exploration.

Along the way, Ike discovers a variety of aliens on Darwin IV and records it to be beamed back to Earth. Later he finds a metallic-object which is a remnant of the Newton probe that later leads to the lost probe itself ---dead and left to rot. I don't want to give away the ending, but it had some resemblance to that of the Blairwitch Project I. Let's just say that it was very eerie.

I hope Discovery has a replay of it this week so that I can watch the whole program (I was able to watch only the 2nd half during that time).

Isn't it a disturbing thought? What if we're not alone? What if the Big-Bang Theory was really true? It makes you think of your life in a whole new way wouldn't it?

In the meantime, as I leave you with that thought, I guess it's aliens-week for me since I'll be watching "War Of The Worlds" tonight at that THX cinema in KL. Yahooo! Hehehe.

No comments: