8.15.2005

Back to the beach (Day 1)


After a week of gluttonous pleasures, I've decided to go on a diet ---South-Beach style. Actually I'll modify it to suit my needs since I'm not supposed to eat foods that will further increase my uric-acid and cholesterol levels. So it's not going to be as South-Beach as it will be. No salty or fatty foods so I'm wondering now what THE HELL am I left to eat?

I was able to do Phase I of the SB-diet early-December last year. I lost about 8lbs for the two-week period, much to the despair of the missus since she only lost 2lbs (which I believe was caused by a calibration error on the scale, so she may not have lost any weight at all). Unfortunately the next two weeks ushered in the Christmas season with Santa Claus' sack full of lechon baboy, lechon manok, hamon, etc. so the 8lbs came back with a fury....with a few more pounds added for good measure.

I weighed in this morning to the tune of 170lbs on our cheap bathroom scale which we think is actually -8lbs of my real weight. Anyway, the important thing is to use the same scale after 2 weeks so that I see the improvements, if any.

I started off breakfast this morning at the cafeteria. So far, so good. I had a boiled egg, 2 pieces of sardines, about 4 spoons of boiled veggies, and a small-carton of orange-juice. Add to that a small bottle of mineral water which I drank all morning.

Well let's hope for the best. I'm actually thinking of the Choco-Mallows that I brought back. They are nestling quietly in the ref, their soft white mallow-internals protected only by their chocolate-skin. It only takes a few seconds for the carnage, unwrapping their aluminum clothes before I give in to the munch.

Arrrrggggghhhh....this is gonna be tough.

No comments: