8.11.2005

The Verdict


Well we got the blood-test results yesterday morning. I was in "normal" range for sugar and thyroid levels although I got a "high-score" on uric acid and cholesterol, as I suspected. All that food-intake has finally caught up with me. At least I'm not (DEFINITELY NOT) as heavy as that Zuce guy on the news. First thing I'll do once I get back is to watch that "Supersize Me" DVD again for motivation.

The missus was normal on all tests except for cholesterol and thyroid (T4) ---to her delight. Well, as fast as you can say "thyroid-pills" she went to the doctor to ask for the prescription. According to the internet, expect "sudden weight loss" after taking the said pills. "Iiwanan ka na sa kangkungan" was the missus' dare to me on our race to reduce weight.

Unfortunately, even before she showed the doctor the results, the doctor said she doesn't have a thyroid problem since she didn't have any of the symptoms. I guess we'll both have to do the diet and exercise then.

Last night was my sister's birthday so there was a sumptuous dinner at CPK. Mental note: the Apple Crumble was heaaaven!

I might as well scrap the diet 'til next week....we've yet to have dinner at JT Manukan (Bacolod Chicken style) and there's a CPK outlet at Tomas Morato. Hehehe.

No comments: