8.02.2005

Got Milk?

It was during one of my afternoon tea-breaks when my officemates asked me if I could teach them some Filipino words. I told them that some Filipino words are similar to Bahasa Malaysia like putih, aku, and kanan.

Looking at the chocolate-milk carton on my hand, I told them that the Malaysian word for milk has a different meaning in Filipino. Here's the front and back view of the carton:


I think all you guys will agree that the translation is correct since milk comes from breasts. Of course there were some reservations among my officemates.

A few minutes later our female officemate sat on our table with, guess what, a milk carton on her hand. So imagine all my "students" saying things to her like:

"Ohhhh so you have susu."

"Let me help you open your susu!"

"
Does the susu taste great?"


"Hmmm I guess I'll buy some susu."

She was a sport so there was no harm done. We were all laughing on the way back to our office spaces.

I guess that's the last time they'll ever ask me for translation.

No comments: