8.25.2005

You Don't Say?

It's been a long a time since I've heard about Pat Robertson. When I was young I remember having to wait for The 700-Club to finish since the next program was any one of my awaited cartoons of the week: Voltes-V, Mekanda, Daimos, Granddizer, or Mazinger-Z. I'd wait patiently everyday until the government decided that anime was bad for kids so I ended up with Sesame Street instead.

Anyway, I was watching CNN last night when I heard the anchorman say "Pat Robertson" in his news report.
In case you didn't know about it, he mentioned something very....oh how shall I put it....stupid...towards Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. As mentioned in the news:

On Monday's telecast of his Christian Broadcasting Network show "The 700 Club," Robertson had said: "You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war, and I don't think any oil shipments will stop."

Very unbecoming, don't you think? As PK, an officemate, would say:

"D*mnnn stupid M.F."

No comments: