4.06.2006

7 Habits

"If you want to make minor changes, change your behavior.
If you want to make quantum changes, change your paradigms."
---Stephen Covey


I was fortunate enough to have been chosen to attend the "7 Habits Of Highly Effective People" Program these past 2 days. Based from the successful book of the same title, the Program provided a deep understanding of the 7 Habits and how we can live it in the workplace or at home.

As I've discussed with AP this morning, the 7 habits are actually core-values that you and I already know. Stephen Covey, the author, only did the compiling, i.e. aligning the values into the 7 Habits, publish it on a book, and earn millions. Who would've thought that something so inherent in the human conscience can sell like pancakes?

Like any other workshop or self-help book that I've read, the important thing is practicing it. That's the hard part. There were soooo many points discussed during the program that it was simply overwhelming. Too overwhelming that I'm worried that I'd forget them all. I would also have to adjust my current paradigms on certain methods/values to be open to new paradigms. Paradigm-shift, as Stephen Covey would say.

The program provided us with a free copy of the book plus some other materials that can help in living the 7 Habits (Covey planner, weekly tasklist, 7 Habits contract, etc). I hope I could make full use of them or else they'll just end up as the missus would say, as dust-collectors.

Habit 1: Be Proactive
Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind
Habit 3: Put First Things First
Habit 4: Think Win/Win
Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood
Habit 6: Synergize
Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw




No comments: