4.29.2007

30 days after


A month after I declared my rice-reduction plan, I'm happy to say that I've lost 6 lbs. Slowly but surely, I was able to drop to 170lbs naturally, i.e. no use of diet pills or contraptions bought from HSN. My routine consisted of cutting my rice-portions in half, walking the threadmill 30mins 2 times a week, and sometimes playing basketball and badminton (whatever is available) once a week.

But the real reason for it all is the rice-reduction. I still munched on Granny Goose, Ube ice cream, Piknik Ketchup Fries, and the occassional Burger King value meal but cutting the rice was really the main contributor of the weight-loss.

I have to say that it's really difficult. As you know we Pinoys are known for having a hearty serving of rice during meals, and I'm no exception ---until now. Case in point, the Adobo Sulipan of Pancake House can be depressing to eat if there's still half-rice not to be touched coupled with the missus looking into having tasty portions of it with her Classic Pancakes. *sigh*

I'm targetting to reach 166lbs by end of May so that means loosing at least 4 more pounds or a total of 10lbs since I started. Slowly but surely, I hope to get my BMI normalized and, more importantly, show my 6-pack which I haven't seen since 3rd year high school.

No comments: