11.22.2007

Out of Stock


After reading "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" I decided, as part of my goal in obtaining financial freedom, to dabble into the stock market. I signed-up through an online broker (Citiseconline) and placed a very small portion of our money to see how things will work out.

Since the past 2-3 weeks, I've learned (most of the time in a painful way) the following so far:

1. Be patient. Set your goals for the long-term and not for quick profits.

2. Buy when the price is low. Sell only when it's high AND when you're only in dire need of money.

3. Invest in the company, not the stock. One should scrutinize the company that you're buying first before you decide to buy it.

4. Be patient. Be patient. Be patient.

As Kiyosaki mentioned, the stock market is a painful teacher. But I'm willing to learn.

Hopefully this all works out fine.

No comments: