1.29.2008

Back in the game

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon when I arrived at the Don Bosco Makati football field. The familiar smell of the grass briefly took me back to my younger years when I was still at my prime, playing football for the school. After about 1 1/2 years of absence, I'm back to playing football, my first love.

I saw my old buddies arrive one by one, with the usual hi's and hello's. We set up to play half-field with 7 guys per team. I'm happy to say that I haven't lost my touch for the game. The picture-perfect passes and attacking menace were still there when I stepped on the field which seemed to have welcomed me back.

I didn't score a goal but I contributed well to my team winning the game, 10-8. I picked up my bag as I walked off the pitch, and laid down on one of those large square cemented seating areas around the field. As I laid there, I just had to take a pic of the greenery above me. It was like playing football: picture-perfect.


No comments: