11.06.2008

Fabulous Finds: Myron's Place

The missus and I had the weekend to ourselves last week after dropping off my boy to my parents house in Paranaque ("ride the slide! ride the swing na lang!").

We checked-in at the Renaissance Hotel Makati for an overnight stay which was quite pleasant since we haven't been hotel-hopping for quite a while. Across the hotel was Greenbelt so we had no problems attending the anticipated Mass that evening. Dinner was going to be a selection process since the missus mentioned that there was a host of fine-dining restaurants there, especially at Greenbelt 5.

Good thing I brought along my trusty laptop and wireless broadband. I got online and logged on to OAP and searched "Greenbelt." Anton had a lot of places to recommend so after a lot of eenie-meenie-miney-moe we ended up with Myron's Place at GB5.


Myron's place is setup nicely, with orange as its major color. The best seats could probably be those overlooking the GB garden ---which was where we were.

But enough of that. Let's go straight to the food, shall we?

For starters, we ordered the pumpkin soup to worship the missus' tastebuds which seem to have become a connosieur of pumpkin soup.


Along with soup, we were served with bread which tasted a little chocolatey.

For the main course, I ordered the Grilled Herb Tuna Steak with Aglio Olio Fettucine. Accompanied with a glass of Chardonnay, the meal was, well, so-so.


The missus, once again, topped me in the main course. She ordered one of the house specials, the (hold your breath) Duet of Bacon Wrapped Petite US Certified Angus Medallions & Grilled Shrimp (whew!).


How did it taste? Let me just say that when the missus gave me a piece of the wrapped Angus, I whispered OMG! as the sauce and beef and the bacon mixed inside my mouth. A pleasurable experience indeed.

Try it out!

No comments: