7.04.2005

Words for the Weekend (#27)

Menudo. Cooked by Mommy-Q last Friday. D*mn delicious! Iba talaga pagkaing Pinoy. For once I was grateful there were leftovers so I was able to eat ALL of it the following day for lunch. Rap-sa.

Coincidence. Isn't it too much of a coincidence that since Mommy-Q arrived, the flush in the main toilet didn't work, there was no water supply to the kitchen on Saturday night, the swimming pool's water motor wasn't working until Saturday, and the GPRS (internet) connection isn't working 'til now? It makes you think of how much probability that her flight back to Manila will be delayed. Well I guess my hunch was right. I called Air-Asia just now and her 3:30pm flight on Wednesday has been rescheduled to 5:10pm. Hmmm.

Putok. The missus and Mommy-Q rode a bus from the LRT station after a trip to KL. Since it was rush hour, the bus was very packed. They had no choice but to inhale the unsweetened air emanating from the mix of underarm sweat and halitolic breath of the locals that may eradicate SARS or bird-flu. Add to that the loss of air-conditioning and cramped space. Sad to say the missus had the greater damage: her nose had too much of the "fumes" that she caught a cold which had escalated to a running nose.

IKEA (ay-keh-ah). A warehouse store originating from Europe, I think. Guys should always remember that when a woman says "I have no plans of buying anything there," it is not applicable in IKEA. True enough, after 30 or so bucks later, we got back to the car with 3 bathroom mats, a fork/spoon tray, and a set of wooden spatulas that Oprah will be d*mn proud of.

Tandas. Toilet, in Malay. I think I never had a trip to anywhere where my first destination is always the toilet. It's like before entering a church, but instead of the holy water, I "bless" the mall with it. Aaaaahhhh...relief! Some mall-toilets here need you to pay 20c before entering. I guess the toilet-management is getting extra profit from me. 7-8 glasses of water a day for a healthy you? Naaah, I'll pass...or piss for that matter.

Stuffed. That's what me and the missus have been every night since Mommy-Q was here. We've been eating like kings come dinner time. I'm really amazed at Mommy-Q's appetite. For example, one time I brought home a pack of Chinese-fried rice and fried-noodles (North Park style). Looking at it, she said, "That's too much for the both of us!" But 10 minutes later, the bar-table was similar to Phuket when it was hit by a tsunami. At least we thought of not wasting the food amidst the famine in Africa, right?

Dapat. Often followed by the words "light lang lagi ang dinner naten" or "lagi tayong nag-eexercise sabi ni Oprah." Well I guess as long as the food here is great, I'll never get to commit to that word. As they say, "Live right, eat right, die anyway."

No comments: