2.06.2006

Brown Skin Girl

The baby was very active in the missus' belly yesterday, kicking at around 4pm in the afternoon. Since the baby is still about 6-7 inches in length, the kicks were so faint that it was only the missus who felt it. I admit that I'm envious everytime she says, "Ayun oh, naramdaman mo?" when in fact I'm trying hard to feel the said sensation ---to no avail.

So anyway I wanted to try out something ---observe what the baby's musical tastes are. I grabbed my mp3 player and probed the missus' belly with the L and R earphones.

The kicking was very frequent when "Brown Skin Girl" by BoBice/Santana was playing. Amazingly, it stopped when I fast-forwarded it to "Kailangan Ka" by Hale, and "PeaceMan" by Bamboo. I set the song back to "Brown Skin Girl" and whadayouknow, it was kicking again.

It's either this baby of ours has acquired the missus' inclination to Bo Bice's music or the baby is soothed by the songs that I like (alternative OPM rock). Whatever the reason, the baby has good musical tastes ---just like the parents.

Yup, we'll try Mozart and Bach next weekend.

2 comments:

breesmom said...

Bree listened to the jeopardy (game show) song. Para maging "intelligent" sya.

mommy-p said...

Baka naman she's hinting that she really is a brown skinned girl!