4.22.2010

Orchard Road


Location: SM Megamall

As requested by RT, I finally went to Orchard Road to try out the food there. The menu looked very promising as it had almost EVERYTHING that you can find on a Singaporean hawker food court. The setup of how you order is very unique as well.

Unfortunately, the setup and the great ambience could not satisfy my taste buds. The food I ordered was absolutely terrible.



Kway Teow. This didn't live to my expectation since it was supposed to be dry, not labored with soy sauce as you can see from the pic above. It tasted ok but still not like the Kway Teow that I ordered when I was in Malaysia/Singapore.

Popiah. The lumpia wrapper that was used felt makunat. It wasn't really great at all.

Milo Dinosaur. This was terrible as it tasted bland, with the Milo powder on top seemed to be wanting as it looked like only 1 tablespoon was put in. Tinipid. Toastbox's version is way way (way!) better.

Teh Ais. Bland as well.

Kaya Toast. Again, Toastbox's version is way way better.

The food was very disappointing moreover that I invited my officemates to come join me to try it since I told them that Singaporean/Malaysian food tasted good. Unfortunately, Orchard Road's version didn't fulfill that promise.

Sorry, but I don't recommend eating here.

No comments: